Argue whatever you will about the nature of the Universe, but there are certain things that simply cannot be denied. One of them being that creations of the Creator, like animals, pack more lessons for us humans that we usually slow down to realize. If you take the time to watch the video below, you will undoubtably see what an amazing animal the Cheetah is – how fast he moves across the land and the precision of each step. Pay special attention to how many leaps the Cheetah makes before the clock turns over 1 second.
“Cheetahs are the fastest runners on the planet. Combining the resources of National Geographic and the Cincinnati Zoo, and drawing on the skills of a Hollywood action movie crew, we documented these amazing cats in a way that’s never been done before.”
Using a Phantom camera filming at 1200 frames per second while zooming beside a sprinting cheetah, the team captured every nuance of the cat’s movement as it reached top speeds of 60+ miles per hour.
After watching the video multiple times, in awe of the beauty of the Cheetah, I realized there are countless lessons to be gleaned from it:
1. We have to slow down to appreciate the beautiful details of life
- How often do we run through life, ignoring all of the intricate details that make up the bigger whole? We miss alot. Let’s slow down so we can see and appreciate more.
- The Cheetah keeps his eyes on the prize. Regardless of the surrounding distractions, the Cheetah never looses sight of what he’s after.
3. Keep your head still
- The Cheetah can run faster than the human eye can calculate but thanks to this amazing camera, we can see that no matter how fast his legs are moving, his head stays still. When the world around you places stressors or challenges, remember the truths that keep you grounded and don’t loose sight of the internal stability that keeps your head on straight.
4. Stretch to reach
- As a runner, I’m learning to stretch out my stride. The goal is to arrive at the finish line faster, using less energy. I’m stretching myself farther. Whatever your goals, its important that you use your resources, talent and time to achieve and reach the goals in your life.
Take a minute to acknowledge the teacher in the Cheetah. After all, there’s a great deal to be learned from such a magnificent creature.